[ more Volleyball Jokes ]
Top 10 Reasons you fear the new volleyball team you joined is totally Recreational
- Each of your new team-mates walk on the court wearing things like; a) a plain white t-shirt or hockey sweater. b) thin kneepads, polyester shorts, and baseball cap turned backwards. b) knee-pads over their sweat pants. c) equipment from other sports such as elbow pads, batting gloves, and safety goggles. d) black dress socks inside their sneakers!
- You ask your Captain if they run a 5-1 or a 6-2 and she looks puzzled and replies, "I'm five-six?!?"
- You ask who does the setting and they tell you they all take turns.
- They use the word "spike" to excess (as in; "I'm a good spiker," or "Nice spike," or "Spike it.").
- You ask them if they’ve played in a competitive league before and they reply, “Yes, most of us played on the same intramural team in high school.”
- You ask what position they each play and they scratch their heads and say, "We always rotate."
- You ask if its time to warm up so they all stand in a small circle and volley one ball around.
- You hand dig a line shot that could have torn your face off and your team-mates all clap and yell, "Nice bump!"
- After your first serve your captain says, "Wooo, Kewl, looks like at least one of us is brave enough to serve overhand this season."
- They can't understand why the referee DOESN’T stop play when someone breaks a nail, but they do look confused when the referee DOES stop the play because THEY touched the net.